No jackpot winner on Wednesday; Saturday’s Powerball prize jumps to $264 million
Because there was no jackpot winner in the most recent Powerball drawing on Wednesday, the anticipated winnings for the upcoming Saturday drawing have increased to an estimated $264 million.
Following the announcement of the winning numbers soon after 11 p.m. ET on Saturday, the results are listed below.
Someone would have left with an amazing sum of more than $126.7 million if they had won on Saturday night and chosen the cash option.
The winning numbers from the drawing on Saturday are as follows:
Numbers for the 2023 Powerball drawing are: August 19.
The winning numbers in the drawing on Saturday night were 1, 25, 27, 38, and 62. The Powerball number was 13. The draw’s Power Play multiplier was 2X. Was the Powerball prize ever claimed last night?
That is still up in the air.
It’s important to understand the following details before the upcoming Powerball drawing.
How Likely Are You to Win the Powerball Jackpot?
While the incredible $264 million jackpot’s attraction is overwhelming, it’s important to understand that the chances of winning Powerball’s top prize are incredibly tiny. A Powerball jackpot is about 1 in 292.2 million likely to be won.
How to Play the Powerball?
Players can purchase a ticket for the Powerball game for $2 per entry. Participants in the game must choose five numbers between 1 and 69 for the white balls and one number between 1 and 26 for the red Powerball. Players also have the option of using a random number generator. All five white ball numbers and the red Powerball number must match in order to win the jackpot.
Powerball offers eight additional chances to win in addition to the grand prize, depending on the quantity of matched balls in the non-jackpot levels.
Prizes other than the jackpot range from $4 to $1 million. The “Powerplay” option, which increases non-jackpot earnings by 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10 times, is available to players for an extra $1.
Powerball rules state that the 10X Powerplay feature only applies to jackpots of $150,000,000 or less. Additionally, when using the Powerplay feature, the “Match 5” prize for the second tier is limited to a maximum of $2 million.
The extra “Double Play” function is available in some areas for $1 per play. After each Powerball drawing, it provides participants another chance to match their numbers.
The largest lottery winnings in US history
$2.04 billion Powerball prize claimed in California on November 7, 2022.
Powerball drawing on January 13, 2016, $1.586 billion, three winners from California, Florida, and Tennessee.
- Mega Millions jackpot of $1.537 billion, won on October 23, 2018 in South Carolina.
- Mega Millions prize of $1.348 billion, claimed in Maine on January 13, 2023.
- Mega Millions jackpot of $1.337 billion, won on July 29, 2022 in Illinois.
- Mega Millions jackpot of $1.05 billion, claimed in Michigan on January 22, 2021.
- Powerball jackpot of $1 billion, claimed on July 19, 2023 in California.
- Powerball jackpot of $768.4 million, won on March 27, 2019, in Wisconsin.
- Powerball jackpot of $758,7 million, claimed in Massachusetts on August 23, 2017.
- Powerball jackpot of $730 million, claimed in Maryland on January 20, 2021.
- Powerball drawing for $699.8 million, claimed in California on October 4, 2021.